Saturday, January 22, 2011

A well-hidden pearl in Paris

My friend the DJ, had given me directions to a mens fashion boutique near Centre Pompidou when I went to his place for dinner the other day. The directions were actually quite precise, so I didn't expect to have so much trouble finding it (Read: I never found it!). Once again, my sence of direction failed miserably (I read somewhere that women can't find the right direction, and men are to proud to ask for it when lost. So true, in my opinion!). Instead I found this beautiful gallery, which takes in aspiring artists of all sorts.

H3 Concept Gallery: 43, Rue Quincampoix, 75004 Paris
Clothes and jewelry designers, photographers, painters and sculptures. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the basement floor is spectacular and the owners are really nice. When you walk down the stairs to the basement you end up in a long corridor, and spanning from the sides are small cave-looking rooms, where you find different displays of the artist's work. All the pieces are unique or made in a small number of copies, but still very affordable. I couldn't resist buying a fantastic lightblue bracelet. You have to support the art, right?
The latest addition to my jewelry collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment