Thursday, January 20, 2011

Addicted to Paris, but danish at heart!

I have been living in Paris for quite some time now, and have really enjoyed myself so far. Specially the last week has been amazing as the sale has started (yeah!). I particularly love the concept of sales in the outlet stores, which caused me to buy some grey suede sandals that makes my legs look amazing at -70% off. Today I was only supposed to go to Cos and return a parka that monsieur boyfriend bought last week, but I went accidentally (or I was more or less forced with knifes, guns, bazookas and other dangerous things) into the Zadig et Voltaire boutique in Marais and found these boots, that I've had my eye on for several months, with a 30% discount. I closed my brown eyes for one second and all of a sudden they were in a bag in my hand. I (dis)honestly don't know how they got there...
My newest addition to the shoe collection.
It must have been the magnetic forces in France, because that never happens in Denmark. I am really not looking forward to go back there next week for good:-( So this evening I stayed in and did something as geeky as watching the mens World Cup in handball as Denmark had to play against Croatia, the favorite to take the championship. I hoped it maybe could help me refind my national feeling (and allow me to drink some coke for once). I watched the entire game in my new beautiful Zadig et Voltaire-handball boots as I felt it difficult to leave out my french-self, and I am sure it helped the danish cuties on their way to victory. Though I didn't expect that we would beat the east-european suckers with 5 goals, I really didn't see me getting as excited as I did.
Now I'm sure that even though I can't live without Paris, I will always be danish at heart.
À bientôt Danemark

2 comments:

  1. Sacre bleu! You did it! Very Parisienne of you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing my best to live up to la vie parisienne:-)

    ReplyDelete