Thursday, February 3, 2011

Good things come in small packages

Copenhagen Fashion Week is upon me, so yesterday I went to the Danish Museum of Art and Design, where there was a talk about fashion magazines through time. It was the director of the library Lars Dybdahl who gave the very interesting talk, and I could tell he really had a great knowlegde not only about the journals, but fashion in general. Fantastic! Afterwards I went through all sort of fashion magazines, which were laying on every table in the beautiful old library.

There were magazines such as Vogue, Elle and Marie Claire, but also magazines that you've never heard about and from all over the world (So weird reading a japaneese magazine, when everything is backwards!). I also had the amazing chance to look at original drawings by the danish designer Erik Mortensen, who designed for Balmain many years ago.
When I got home I could hear my french Vogues, from my stay in Paris, calling, so I took a trip down memory lane...

No comments:

Post a Comment