Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fight for the women

Today the calendar shows the 8th of March, and maybe it's an ordinary day for most people, but for me it's special! Today is the International Women's Day, and in my opinion ought to be celebrated on the same level as Easter or another weird holiday (It started with God, Jesus and a cross, but is now chocolate eggs, chickens and yellow stuff, hmm). It's a day where we should think back and appreciate how far women have come socially, economically and politically. Remember, once we (I think most of my readers are women, if not I'm sorry for the assumption) were not allowed to work, wear pants and vote which might seem absurd, but that's the fact! I don't think it's too much to ask to take a little time to remember what women all over the world have fought for, but also how far we still have to go. Even though these rights seem universal to all of us in the developed countries, it is still just a dream for a lot of women out there. Let's use this day as a reminder of how much still has to be done and together work towards equality between men and women. Or better yet - Women as the superior race:-) Here are some of the women I would like to thank.
Jeanne d'Arc, Oprah Winfrey, Rosa Parks, Anne Frank and Mother Teresa.

Update: Are we equals?



No comments:

Post a Comment