Monday, March 7, 2011

Confessions of a lip-balmaholic

I hate dry lips! On myself,  on monsieur boyfriend in particular and on everybody else in general! That's why I always have at least one lip balm on me at all times, and more often forget my keys that my lip balm. I even rate different beauty labels on their ability to make good lip balm, and use that as a standard to pick and choose between the labels. Totally weird I know, but there are just so many different labels out there, and it's impossible to try them all. The great thing about lip balm is that they are not expensive and they all have the same purpose: Moisture lips! Even though the agenda is simple, there is a big gap between the good and the bad, because there are some really bad ones out there! Why make a balm that makes your lips drier, tastes like cheap candy and leaves a greasy membrane? It has taken me a couple of years to come up with my favorites, but here you see some of them.
Eight Hour Creme from Elisabeth Arden, the classic. Here you see three of them - One for the bag, the bathroom and the bedroom
Homéoplasmine from Boison, my french friend, and only available on french pharmacies:-(
Lip Balm #1 from Kiehl's, perfect for the clutch.
Glossy Shine from Biotherm for an evening out - gives a little color.
Shea Lip Butter from The Body Shop, which smells delicious.

As I said, this is only a small selection of the best. Do you have any to add to the list?

3 tips for gorgeous lips, and one for the road:
- Exfoliate once a week with a baby toothbrush
- But on lip balm before going to sleep, and wake up with soft lips
- Use a lip balm specific for each seasons. In the winter you need extra care!
- Some lip balms can also be used as highlighters and eye-and nail treatment.

2 comments:

  1. Startin reading i was like whats my top One... and you have it already.. the eight hour cream lipstick. It is just.. amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Eight Hour is the best! I also have the stick. When I was little my grand mother used to make me believe it was real lipstick and I always felt so pretty when I wore it. Ah, good memories:-)

    ReplyDelete